Let’s Dance! is your dancing association for and by students in Maastricht.
We are the only association in Maastricht that offers partner dances and we are proud to be able to supply the Maastricht student community with excellent Salsa and Latin/Ballroom course opportunities. Whether you are a complete beginner, an already advanced dancer or simply always wanted to try out some dance moves, you can certainly find something that fits your needs at Let’s Dance!. We offer three different levels for each course at an affordable price of €20 and €35 for a semester or an entire year, respectively. Each course consists of 12 weeks, starting at the beginning of each academic semester (usually in September and February), and with the above-mentioned membership fee, you are eligible for all courses and levels.
The smooth flow of our association’s activities is only possible with the support of Maastricht University, as well as the students who voluntarily take matters into their own hands to ensure Let’s Dance! remains a succesful association. Every year, a new board takes over the following responsibilities:
- The Secretary is responsible for the administration of and communication with about 100 members, external parties for workshops and lessons, and anyone who’s trying to get in touch with Let’s Dance.
- The Treasurer takes on a financial responsibility of about € 10.000,- and needs to keep an overview of the financial in- and outflows of the association.
- The Head of Activities is in charge of creating and promoting Facebook events, workshops and classes.
- The President needs to negotiate and cooperate with teachers and locations, the Maastricht sports council MUSST and the university sports center UM SPORTS, while keeping overwatch over the internal organisation and external opportunities.
- The Vice-President primarily helps the President with Let’s Dance’s external relations but he also supports the Secretary with administrative things.
The members of the board of this year are:
Syari Sinlae, Jarell López Gigi Flamand, Jaïr Alexander Marie Schöneich President, Cañizares, Secretary, van Nes, Head of Activities, 19 years old. Vice President, 19 years old. Treasurer, 21 years old. 21 years old. 19 years old.
We are also always looking for committee members, who would like to get involved on a lower level with a little less time commitment than the actual board. There are positions to be filled in the Activities, Promo and Technical committee. If you’re interested in joining the board or one of the committees for the upcoming academic year, feel free to contact us here: bestuur(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)msdvletsdance.nl.
If you have any further questions, you’re also welcome to send an email to our secretary: secretaris(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)msdvletsdance.nl. She will get back to you as soon as possible.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon at one of our dance lessons!
Let’s Dance Board 2016-2017